Encore provides the finest care, comfort and companionship, and delivers expertise in all five types of elderly care: dementia, nursing, residential, respite and palliative. Our four beautiful homes in Bournemouth, Oakdale, Great Oaks, Fairmile Grange, and Southampton's Hamble Heights provide the perfect haven for our wonderful residents. At Encore, we take immense pride in our exceptional team members who create a sense of belonging, making every resident feel like a cherished member of our extended family. They are the heart and soul of our homes, ensuring that each moment is cherished, and every day is celebrated.
About the Chef Role
Encore are looking for a dedicated Chef with a passion for food creation, excellent kitchen hygiene and food safety standard skills to be part of our exceptional team at Fairmile Grange , you should be able to provide high quality food for residents in the home within the required deadlines and to company standards, ensuring full compliance with statutory law.
Main duties and responsibilities as a Chef
- Prepare, cook and present all meals/snacks attractively. The majority of dishes will be made in house and home baked products should be available daily for residents and visitors to the home.
- To ensure genuine choice for residents in all meals, ensure each has a properly balanced and nutritious diet and ensure that all meals meet the highest quality standards in content and presentation.
- Assist the Head Chef in carrying out regular reviews of the menu to ensure that the requirements are met.
- Assist with the ordering of food and cleaning materials for the kitchen area.
- Assist with the control of stock and maintain proper records and ensure that storage of food is in accordance with Health and Safety standards.
- Supervise the layout of the dining room ensuring a welcoming atmosphere with fully laid tables in line with the homes standards. Supervise food delivery and presentation to residents and visitors, and if requested the delivery of meal trays to resident’s rooms and the timely collection of meal trays.
Skills and experience you need as a Chef
- To ensure that COSHH regulations are complied with and to keep all required records.
- To keep all other records required from time to time by management, regulatory authorities and in the areas of health, safety and hygiene.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required for the better performance of your duties.
- To perform other related duties not specifically set out in this job description which may from time to time be assigned by the Manager.
- Salary up to £12.27 Per Hour.
- Free meals on shift, paid breaks and handover time.
- Recognition and Rewards programme.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression.
- Paid Enhanced DBS.
- Free Uniform.
- Care friends: our Employee Referral and Rewards App is the key to recruiting top talent for our Care Homes. Earn up to £500 for successfully referring and placing people into our open vacancies. Speak to the recruitment team for more info.
At Encore Care Home, we believe in the power of people. We foster a joyful environment where residents and staff can truly enjoy themselves. No two days are ever the same as we embrace spontaneity and go with the flow. We encourage creativity to connect with each resident in thoughtful and imaginative ways. We are a family, offering support and a friendly ear to lean on.
Encore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Following a change in government guidelines relating to Care Home employees, it is no longer essential to be vaccinated against COVID-19, however it is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity among our employees and applicants. We ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and equally throughout our recruitment process. We are determined to prevent discrimination based on sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, socio-economic background, neurodiversity, education, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.